This week sees the anniversary of WPP paying US$19m to the SEC to settle the US regulator's bribery charges, which we reported here. So what better time to join our 1 hour webinar at 9.30 am this Thursday, 29th September for training on the Bribery Act 2010, and what it means for the advertising industry.
What will you learn?
You'll learn about:
- What are the main offences of giving and receiving bribes, and failure by companies to prevent corruption?
- When is a 'facilitation payment' illegal?
- What's required to get the benefit of the 'Adequate Procedures' defence to failing to prevent corruption?
- What is the SFO and DPP guidance on prosecution?
- What are the criminal sanctions and contractual penalties that might result from bribery?
We will also look at some case studies, including an analysis of what went wrong for WPP, why were they fined so much, and would the same thing happen under UK law?
Who should sign up?
This webinar aims to be valuable for anyone looking for an understanding of the Bribery Act 2010, but is particularly aimed at people in the advertising and marketing industry, from agencies to in-house counsel, regulatory affairs experts and marketing professionals.
What does it cost?
This 1 hour webinar is part of our LS Presents series and the costs are as follows:
- £250 + VAT per person
- £225 + VAT per person for multiple bookings
Delegates will also receive a written set of notes and copies of the slides.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or you can register here.
"Sunlight is the best disinfectant." Justice Louis D. Brandeis