Last Thursday 11th May, I was delighted to participate in a webinar with colleagues from the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA) organised by the International Advertising Association (IAA). The panel was moderated by Jeff Greenbaum (GALA USA) and was comprised of me, Brinsley Dresden (GALA UK), Jonas Gassmann (GALA Switzerland), Hande Hancar (GALA Turkey) and Daniel Haije (GALA Netherlands).
We looked several topics:
- How is environmental marketing regulated?
- How do you substantiate environmental marketing claims?
- Are general environmental benefit claims deceptive?
- Do aspirational claims require substantiation?
- What are the rules on "carbon neutral" and other offset claims?
- When can you claim that a product is "recyclable"?
- What are the rules on the use of seals and certifications?
- What's next? - looking at the EU's proposals, in particular.
If you missed it, you can watch the seminar by clicking on the link below, and if you would like a copy of the slides, please drop me a line.
This was the first in a series of webinars about developments in environmental regulation that IAA has organised. The second webinar will be held on 15:00 BST on May 25th, and will cover developments in North and South America. The third and final webinar will be held at 11:00 a.m. BST on September 26th, will cover developments in Asia-Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. The webinars will be live-streamed on IAA’s YouTube channel and on IAA’s Facebook and LinkedIn channels. No pre-registration is required.
Thank you to the IAA for including me on the first of these events and I hope that you will find the second and third webinars of interest too.