At next month's Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance annual advertising law conference, Global Advertising in an Age of Crisis and Change, we're going to have three breakout sessions on some critical issues facing advertising today -- NFTs, the obesity crisis and food advertising, and the evolving regulation of alcohol advertising.
Hannah Taylor from Frankfurt Kurnit (United States) will be moderating our NFT session, "What are the recent developments in the world of advertising the metaverse, cryto, and NFTs." The session will include the following speakers:
- Donata Cordone, Portolano Cavallo (Italy)
- Alan Hunt, Lewis Silkin (United Kingdom)
- Rolf Auf der Maur, Vischer (Switzerland)
- Valdir Rocha, Veirano Advogados (Brazil)
- Justina Zhang, TransAsia Law Firm (China)
Allison Fitzpatrick, from Davis + Gilbert (United States), will be moderating our food session, "The Obesity Crisis: How do HFSS advertisers respond? And how are advertisers promoting functional foods and novel foods, such as those containing CBD?" The session will include the following speakers:
- Conor Griffin, Duncan Grehan & Partners Solicitors (Ireland)
- Angus Forsyth, Angus Forsyth & Co. (Hong Kong)
- Hande Hancar, Gun + Partnrs (Turkey)
- Alex Meloy, Lewis Silkin (United Kingdom)
- Damaso Pardo, Bruchou (Argentina)
- Asterios Syssilas, A&K Metaxopoulos and Partners (Greece)
Alex Kelham, from Lewis Silkin, will be moderating our alcohol session, "Are regulators infantilizing consumers of beer, wine, and spirits? Or can they still make informed choices about their alcohol consumption?" The session will include the following speakers:
- Michel Bejot, Bernard-Hertz-Bejot (France)
- Violetta Kunze, Djingov, Gouginski, Kyutchukov & Velichkov (Bulgaria)
- Jacek Myszko, SKS Legal Advisors (Poland)
- Nick O'Connell, Al Tamimi & Co. (UAE)
- Uri Weinstok, BLP (Costa Rica)
The conference will be held on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at the Ham Yard Hotel in London. It begins with lunch at 12:30 p.m., and after the program concludes at 6:00 p.m., all attendees are invited to stay for a cocktail party.
For more information about the conference and to register, click here. For additional questions, please reach out to GALA's Executive Director, Stacy Bess, at email@example.com.